Wednesday, February 12, 2014

2 of #48 WALKS

Since my first walk on this challenge, I have been pretty much homebound because of the ice and snow!  My driveway going up the hill is still ice and snow covered.

I still have to walk using a cane.  When I go grocery shopping, I always ride in one of the electric carts.  I hate doing this, but get tired easily when walking, and don't want to take a chance of falling!  Yesterday, my sweet nephew...Bobby...came over and took me to the grocery store and to do some errands.  When I got to the grocery store, I decided that I would not use the electric cart, choosing to walk and push the buggy instead.  I know that this doesn't sound like a big deal to most people, but it has been a couple of years since I have walked while grocery shopping.  These are baby steps for sure, but thanks to Alison's inspiration and encouragement, I walked!  YAY ME!

Our weather is going to be gorgeous and warm this weekend.  I will be under the bridge after church, helping feed the homeless.  I hope to get in another walk while there.

Taking baby steps, but trying!

No comments: