Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Mom's Birthday

My sweet Mother would have been 81 years old today....oh, how I miss her. I can't believe how my life has changed in these past five years. First Mom's death, then three months later, my sister Karen died followed by my Dad four weeks later...then the loss of my precious Jennifer. It is so hard to accept the fact that they are all gone, and there is nothing you can do to change it.

Today is Elvis Presley's birthday too. My sweet sister, Kimberly, said that Mom is up in Heaven trying to get Elvis to sing just one more song for her while Dad and Jennifer are watching, shaking their heads.

Somehow you keep going....you try to just remember all the good memories and keep telling yourself that you know they are all happy and healthy, and in just a blink of an eye, we will all be together again.

There was a reason why I lived through cancer, and I will continue to try to help people and do God's work. I will always treasure their memories, and try to keep them alive.

1 comment:

ScrapbookDBA said...

We all wish you could have known our Mother ... she was such a character! Her humor kept us grinning, laughing or shaking our heads most of the time!

She is missed every day ....

Hugs,
Kimberly