Sunday, February 2, 2014

ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!


It is hard to believe that it has been a year since I lost Pete!  At times, it seems like it was yesterday, then at other times, it seems so much longer.  The days turn into weeks and then before you know it, a year has gone by.  I miss him everyday.....when I get up in the morning, all day long and when I go to bed at night.  42 years is a long time to share your life with someone, and I am so grateful for those years....there were good times, as well as bad times....but we got through them.  I will cherish those memories forever and be ever so grateful that I will see him again.  I have peace in knowing that he is no longer miserable trying to get through the days, feeling so bad...but he kept trying.  He is now healthy and happy and is with our precious Jennifer and other loved ones.  How could I not feel at peace knowing that?

I have learned so much this past year, and am cetainly still in the learning phase with so much more to learn.  I have learned to do things for myself, that I never thought I could learn to do.  I have learned to be able to be alone and not let that upset me (I know that with God, I am never alone)....I am ever so grateful for my sister, Kimberly, who is my rock and my precious friends that help me get through the rough times.  I am grateful to have my sister-in-law, Barb....she became a member of this widow's club just two months before me.  It is good to be able to cry on the shoulders of each other and understand how it is.  I am trying hard to strenghten my relationship with God and to study His word more and have a better understanding.  I have taken on a challenge to get out and walk a little...which isn't easy, but as I have learned most things worth doing are not easy.  I am sure that with each walk, it will get easier.

Yes, today is a sad day to remember, but I am grateful for the memories.....they can't be taken away.  Pete was such a good hearted and caring person. 

Tell your loved ones that you love them and make sure they know that you mean it!

No comments: