Wednesday, January 5, 2011

CHEMO ROUND #22 DOWN....WILL KEEP ON "Fighting Like a Girl''!

On Monday, I had my 22nd chemo treatment....was hoping to change the treatments to space them out a little bit since my PET scan and Brain scan were clear of cancer. Dr. Sneed explained to me that I was triple negative...meaning H2R negative, as well as Estrogen and Progesterone negative. This means that there isn't a hormone pill that would help me...on my first diagnosis eleven years ago, I was H2R positive and was able to take Herceptin. Although my recurrence is from the original cancer, it has changed to H2R negative. Kimberly asked Dr. Sneed if he thought I would be doing this well after the diagnosis of the return cancer last December...he said no, that triple negative is not a good diagnosis. He explained that I will need to continue taking the chemo every two weeks as long as I am responding and the cancer has not returned. He said if they changed the chemo drugs at this time, then there could be more side effects and that also we don't want to use all our guns now, and not have something to go to, if the cancer returns. I always pray for God to guide my doctors in my care and others who are fighting cancer and other health problems. I totally trust Dr. Sneed...he has gotten me through this past year of treatments very well...and I know that God is always in control and that He is good. I will keep my pink gloves on "Fighting Like a Girl"!

More good news is that Pete's brain scan results were clear too...PTL..the doctor said that he could have had a mini stroke that would not show up on the MRI causing his episodes of dropping things, but it could have also been from a virus, since he was just recovering from the bad case of bronchitis he had. Also, the kidney test he had done showed that he had no blockage from the kidney, but possibly a kidney stone causing his back pain. We will make an appointment with his kidney doctor to find out more. I think that we can both be very grateful for starting the new year with good news!

Thank you for all the prayers and encouragement you gave us while undergoing these tests and waiting for the results...."I get by with a little help from my friends and the love and grace of God!"

1 comment:

Dom said...

I wish you all the best

Dom