Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A NEW FORM OF THERAPY!

Card making has always been good therapy for me, and always will be.  I can start making cards and my troubles seem to leave while I concentrate on doing something for others.  The past couple of weeks, I have found another outlet for my stress....yard work!  I have found that while on the mower, my troubles and sadness leave.  It is very relaxing mowing and letting my thoughts go to the good memories, instead of all the sad ones.  I have been planting flowers and love to see the fruit of my labor.  I am slow at doing it, but it is getting done.  I know that by the time I get the whole yard mowed, it will probably be time to mow the first place I started LOL!  I am still afraid of tipping over on the hills, but my broter-in-law, George, said that he will mow the hills for me.  I don't want to fall off and land in the pond. 

I spent the night with Kimberly after church on Sunday.  The dogs were angels and didn't bother her cats, although they didn't come out of the bedroom very much.  I think it will get better with each visit.  I am happy that it looks like they will get along well.  This fall, I will be able to go to Bible Study and spend the night with Kimberly, not having to drive home after dark.  I will look forward to being able to doing this. 

I am so thankful for my good neighbors.  They have planted the garden here....we should have fresh veggies soon.  I am thankful that we have had good weather and rain.  They said that they saw a deer by the garden yesterday......hope that he doesn't decide to eat dinner in the garden.

No comments: