Monday, December 1, 2008

December is Here!

I can hardly believe that today is December 1st...where did this year go? Yesterday was the first Sunday of Advent. I went to North Little Rock to church, then to Kimberly's to do some major crafting. Kimberly and I ended the day by attending our friend Lisa's program - Advent Lessons and Carols - at the Cathedral of St. Andrew in Little Rock. Lisa is in the choir there and it was a beautiful service. We really enjoyed it.

Kimberly was on vacation this week and worked very hard getting the Jennifer Project Christmas bags ready to be delivered to the hospital. Lisa made some really cute things for them too. I am so proud of this project and so happy that we are keeping it going. I am sure that Jennifer would be very happy for this project.

This is such a busy time of year. I hope that we will all be able to remember the reason for this season, slow down and enjoy the true meaning of Christmas!!

3 comments:

Lisa_in_AR said...

December!? Egads! How did that happen? Glad you and Kimberly could come. I think John was the real entertainment!

Janna said...

I can't believe we are almost halfway through December! Only 13 days til Christmas!! I'll bet Lisa's choir performance was beautiful!

I thought of you and Jennifer today when I read this blog post: and the Jennifer Project today when I read this blog post: http://www.lisabearnson.com/blog/2008/12/angels-among-us-project-i-need-your.html

Janna said...

Okay, that last part got all mixed up. Sorry about that.