Tuesday, December 23, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS

I can hardly believe that tomorrow is Christmas Eve...where did this year go? I miss Jennifer every minute of everyday, but the holidays seem to amplify the emptiness. I just keep recalling all the wonderful holidays that I was so blessed to have shared with her and with my parents.

Last Friday, our grief support group had a gathering and shared how hard this time of year is without our loved ones. There is nothing, nothing at all, that we can do to change it. We just have to somehow go on with life. One thing that I have learned for sure, is that God is in control and we have to put our faith and trust in Him to get us through the hard times. I have also learned that we should not ever take for granted our family and friends. We should let them know that we love them. We need to slow our lives down, give thanks for what we have, do for others, and follow God.

I am working this Christmas. We will be celebrating Christmas tomorrow, Christmas Eve, with my wonderful sister, Kimberly. She is so loving and giving. I am so blessed to have her for my sister and friend! We will have dinner with her and then go to Christmas Eve Service at church.

I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy, and Peaceful New Year!

No comments: