Friday, December 11, 2009

FROM WALKER TO CANE....YAY!

I went to the doctor on Wednesday....got a good report. My incision is healing well. I graduated from the walker to the cane and am walking around the house at times unassisted. I feel like I am finally getting my independence back. He said that I could start driving. I drove home from Benton to Hot Springs...I did have to use my left foot for the brake...but I am sure that will improve soon. He said it takes awhile for the thigh muscle to heal. It is just so strange to me that I am unable to lift that leg while sitting...I can lift it fine while standing.

Next week will be a stressful week for us....I have my bone biopsy Monday morning and then Pete will have an angiogram and possible stint put in on Tuesday. I am trying to keep my faith and trust God with this completely, because I know that He is in control.

We are enjoying our Christmas tree being put up and the other decorations as well. It brings back alot of memories of Mom, Dad and Jennifer....just trying to dwell on the happy times we shared in Christmases past and know in my heart they are happy and healthy and are celebrating with Jesus! Kimberly got beautiful poinsettias for the cemetery and we will take our small Christmas tree there on Sunday after church.

Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year to all!













No comments: