Saturday, December 19, 2009

WHAT A WEEK!

This has been a week that we will not soon forget! On Monday, I had my bone biopsy...on Tuesday Pete had a stint put in and yesterday I got a new plan. My bone biopsy showed that I have metastatic breast cancer in my left hip..which is my good hip! It also showed some spots in my chest in the lymph nodes that could not be determined if it was cancer or not...so, I will begin chemotherapy on Monday...and the doctor says I will start the new year off bald!

I was not expecting this news, but I know that I am not in control over what life brings....God is and I trust Him completely. I will "Fight Like a Girl" and I truly believe I will beat it. I am certain that I will come out a stronger person and will learn a few life lessons on the way...there is a reason for everything.

I have the most wonderful sister in the world, a great and caring husband, and am so very blessed with the gift of many great friends...and you know my motto.."I get by with a little help from my friends"!

Kimberly and Edwina were very angry and told me they wanted to go out and beat someone up that was mean...I told them that we need to approach this with positive thoughts, not negative ones. Being mad won't do any good at all.

I will update on the next few weeks and want to wish everyone a very Merry CHRISTmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year! Remember the true Reason for the Season...the miracle of the birth of Jesus....sing Happy Birthday to Him on CHRISTmas Day....make Him a birthday cake!

1 comment:

Stacie Hoo said...

Go! Fight! Win! Sending prayers, hugs, and love to you today and always. You are my inspiration, my Ya Ya sister, and very dear to all who know you. Keep fighting!