Monday, May 17, 2010

ROUND #8 POSTPONED!

Went for chemo today. Leg is still red and swollen...can't walk without cane or walker...Yuck! Dr. Sneed said the swelling is from the current chemo I am taking. He is changing my chemo drugs starting next Monday. I will be taking two drugs this time every two weeks. I won't be able to take the Neulasta shots (I bet my insurance company will be happy with that) because they have to be given fourteen days apart. He said the new drugs could possibly make my white count drop and cause severe anemia..if that happens, would have to have a blood transfusion! They will monitor it closely with weekly lab. I know that God is the "Great Physician" and He is in control and He is on my side. I will keep "Fighting Like a Girl"! He says that I am NOT in remission yet, it is too early...He said the CT showed. what looked to be bone scar tissue, but there could be some cancer cells, therefore the necessity of more chemo before another PET scan. He has gotten me this far with such good results, I am not going to argue with him! Hopefully, I will soon be able to walk device free....what a wonderful day that will be!

Yesterday, Kimberly gave me a "Pink Party" celebrating the good results of my scans. It was a wonderful day with friends, good food and wonderful gifts! I am so very blessed to have so many precious and wonderful people in my life..."I get by with a little help from my friends".
Please keep the prayers coming....they are much appreciated!

1 comment:

Denise Felton said...

I'm glad you're getting a little breather, Deb. You looked so great on Sunday, no one would have known what you've been through if it weren't for the whole thing with your hat spinning around on your head all the time. Hang in there, sweet friend.