Saturday, December 25, 2010

MERRY CHRISTMAS 2010!

The holidays are never the same without your loved ones who have passed away...you sometimes wonder how you can make it through without them. Yes, you have sweet memories and pictures of Christmases past, and you are so grateful for all of those good times you shared. You think of all the things you did together and the traditions that were formed and became your Holiday traditions...like the Christmas dinner, the church services, helping people in need and even watching your favorite Christmas movies together. You would love to have just one more Christmas with them...but you know that isn't possible and there is no way that you can change that. You don't have a choice...you just have to get through it somehow and keep going. 2010 has been a tough year for me...have been taking chemo this entire year, fighting my second battle of cancer, have lost a friend and family members, have friends and family now fighting cancer and having to retire from the job I loved so very much..but am so grateful for the promise that I will see my daughter, family and friends again one day when God chooses. I have my faith and trust in Him and know that He is in control and He is good and good all of the time! I just want to follow Him closer and let others see Him through me. I want to do something each day to help someone else. I want to keep the memory of my loved ones and friends alive...I want to do something that they would want me to do that keeps them alive in the hearts of others. I want my walk with Him to be closer each day. I want others that are going through fighting cancer and other diseases to know that you can and do get through it...and somehow you become a stronger and better person because of it....you certainly learn what is important in life and you learn not to worry about the little things that don't matter. You know that there is such joy in seeing the world through the eyes of a child or even sitting outside and watching the birds, a beautiful sunset or sunrise....God has given us so much to see and enjoy!

Our family chain is broken and is getting shorter...for most Holidays, it is just Pete, Kimberly and me. As I have said before, I am so blessed to have such an awesome sister...she is my rock as well as my pillow. She is always there for us..doing way too much for us...spoiling us! This year, she wanted us to have a non traditional Christmas dinner..it was awesome. Instead of our traditional turkey dinner, she prepared a feast of crown pork roast, asparagus, spiced apples, mac and cheese that she baked in a bundt pan and Paula Deen's banana pudding...I am telling you...this dinner could have easily been featured in Southern Living magazine...I vote for this to be our new traditional Christmas dinner...Thank you, Kimberly, for another wonderful day! I love her to the moon and back.

I am also blessed to have a large family on Pete's side of the family. I am grateful for them and happy that they are a part of my life...I am so blessed to have so many wonderful friends and my church family...I love and appreciate all the love and encouragement they give me.

Merry Christmas to all...hope that you all had a wonderful day with friends and family!

No comments: