Monday, December 6, 2010

ROUND 20 DOWN!!

I can't believe that it has been this long since I have posted....this past month was a hard month for me physically and mentally. I had the PET scan, which is always stressful and makes me anxious...so grateful that it showed no cancer...only gall stones and a pleural effusion that we will just watch, since it is not causing any problems. Had chemo again last Friday and was hoping to be able to space out the treatments a little, but Dr. Sneed said we need to keep doing what we are doing right now and make sure the cancer cells stay dead. I totally trust him and am very grateful that he has gotten me through this past year so well..I will have a CT of the brain in 3 weeks, to make sure we aren't missing anything there...my sweet hubby says that I won't have to worry about that one, because I just have a hole there LOL..isn't he sweet?

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving...I was able to delay my chemo a week and we had 24 people here for dinner...it was raining all day, but we had a good time and enjoyed everyone here so much...this is such a hard time for Sue's family and everyone who has lost loved ones...it seems the Holidays seem to intensify the feeling of loss.....I know how much I miss my precious Jennifer and my parents everyday, but this time of year really makes you feel empty at times. I will miss Sue always and want her children and the rest of the family to know that I am here for them.

It is very cold here...the heavy frost makes it look like a winter wonderland here...so beautiful...we may get some snow flurries this week too...that will make it really feel like Christmas.

Had a wonderful church service yesterday on Hope...Christmas is our hope...the birth of Jesus! He is the REASON FOR THE SEASON...

Wishing everyone a wonderful Christmas season....try not to get all caught up in the rush and commericalism of it....take time to enjoy the Season and be grateful for what we have and do something for others.

I am still wearing my pink gloves, FIGHTING LIKE A GIRL...I get by with a little help from my friends and the love and grace of God...He is good and He is good all the time!

No comments: