Wednesday, February 2, 2011

BUSY WEEKEND AND COMPLETION OF ROUND #24!!!

What a wonderful weekend!! I went to Kimberly's on Saturday morning...had some wonderful ya ya time with Kimberly and Lisa...then on to a surprise engagement party for Stacie and Herman...so such a beautiful and happy couple...I was so happy to be a part of their celebration! On Sunday morning, I went to early church, then back to Kimberly's where we had a wonderful lunch and were joined by friends and family to work on our blanket project for the Jennifer Project and for the patients in the chemo room where I receive my chemo...with alot of love and help, we were able to complete 30 blankets...they were very well received at chemo..will brighten the room and keep the patients warm while receiving their infusions...will try to get the Jennifer Project blankets delivered soon. Sunday night,I met with the Pajama Mama's, our little group that meets at IHOP wearing our Pajamas...we had three new members and had such a great time....Laughter is really the best medicine and we had our share...alot of the other customers said they wished they had known it was pajama night LOL! We explained about our little group, saying we thought this was more fun than wearing a red hat! On Monday, I had Round #24 of chemo...Dr. Sneed said that my cancer markers are up..we will watch this closely, but he is glad that my scans are clear...that is what we use to determine the success of the chemo..the numbers can fluctuate for different reasons...he said that I look good and he is happy with my progress...will just keep my pink gloves on and "Keep Fighting Like a Girl"....I know that God is in control and that He is in control all the time! After chemo, Missy joined us and treated us to wonderful lunch at MiMi's cafe...yum! Missy and I then went to this wonderful bakery and got dessert...we then went for a manicure, then back to Kimberly's for dessert and a good visit. I went to Bible Study afterwards and then came back and spent the night with Kimberly. My plan was to meet Linda Young Tuesday morning before coming home to celebrate her birthday with breakfast at Cracker Barrel...we postponed our plans until next week because of the horrible weather....As you can tell, I had a wonderful weekend...it was so good to get out of the house and be with friends after having a couple of homebound weeks due to chemo..."I get by with a little help from my friends and the love and grace of God! I am so grateful and feel so blessed!

The weather here is very cold...19 degrees here with a wind chill of 8 degrees...nothing like my relatives in Illinois are experiencing...but very cold here in Arkansas...so thankful to have a warm house and a great fireplace to snuggle by with my furry daughters...

No comments: