Thursday, January 17, 2013

JANUARY 17th!

This is one anniversay date that I wish I didn't have. One year ago today, we had to watch our home, our two precious dogs and 41 years of our life go up in smoke! We are grateful that we got out alive....we have each other. This past year has brought so many blessings to us, that it is really hard to believe. A wonderful couple, Joe and Cindy Spadoni saw our story on the news. They called me and GAVE us a home....unbelievable!  This act of love caused a domino effect in total strangers, family and friends coming together and furnishing our home, giving us clothes (we ony had the clothes on our back), clearing off the remains of the fire, building us a wonderful porch (where we spend most of our time....especially when the hummingbirds are out.)  I just can't find the words to express how grateful we are.  I have a wonderful room built on for my craft studio, which will be m haven.  I can hardly wait to get moved in and get it set up.  It is unbelievable how many wonderful craft items I have been given....amazing.  A week after the fire, my craft supplies and stamps and things were still smoldering in the fire.  Jim and Joanna Dennis were so wonderful to let us stay in their lake home, while we were getting the house ready...such a generous thing to do!

Going through a tragedy like this is hard.  You realize that the material things can be replaced.  It is just hard not having all the scrapbooks I made of Jennifer, pictures, things of Jennifer, my Mother's furniture and things.  The memories will always be in my heart!  It is strange that even after a year, you go to find something, then remember that it was lost in the fire.  You just can't dwell on it, you just have to move on and make new memories.  God has the plan for all of us....He is always in control and one thing I know is that He is good and He is good ALL the time!  My Mother always told me that each of life's struggles, make you stronger...she was right!  I reflect on this last year, and I am so very grateful for all the people that have touched our lives.....God's Angels...showing God's love.  I pray that one day, I will be able to pay it forward, and help someone in need!  This whole year has made me even more desiring to follow Christ more closely and serve others

No comments: