Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Good Ole Days VS Modern Technology!

Have you ever wondered how things would be if we didn't have today's technology?  I sometimes think that the simplier life we used to have was better....kids playing outside using their imaginations (not relying on video games for entertainment), writing real letters and cards...not just sending emails and texts...I still love giving and receiving snail mail, no cell phones that we think we are tied to, yes we had answering machines and pagers to keep connected.  All the simple pleasures in life are good, but tecnology has its blessings for sure.  I have connected with many people from my past, and am able to keep up with friends and family through the advent of facebook....I truly enjoy this social media.  I am able because of the internet to hear sermons from church, when I am not able to go on Sunday morning...not the same as being there in fellowship with others, but am not missing the message.  Through the internet, I have access to information that I would never dream of being able to find....from health information to the best buys when shopping for something.  I still like to hold a real book in my hands to read....like my daughter Jennifer used to say....to smell the pages of a new book is wonderful.  This is one thing that I don't think I want to give up.  Every time I read a book, I feel Jennifer and her love for books.  I can't even imagine what it will be like twenty years from now, and the kids of today will be telling their children and grandchildren about the good ole days we are in now!  What a future it will be,  for sure!

No comments: