Wednesday, February 6, 2013

SAYING GOODBYE!!!

It is so hard to believe that almost exactly twelve hours after I had written my previous post, my life would so dramatically change again.  As I said in the previous post, Pete had started feeling bad again on Friday.  Saturday morning we he got up, he was still very tired.  We went to the hardware store, where he had trouble walking.  We came home, he said that he was wanted to take a nap, then would get up and take a shower.  I took his pulse ox, which was 95%.  He opened the front door, saw Jennifer's picture on the wall, and said Hello, Jennifer.  He has never done this before.  He told me that he loved me, but that I needed to stop worrying about him so much.  He said that I needed to check on him, every hour.....which he has never told me before...I drove him crazy checking on him all day and night.  His sister, Barb, and I were talking on the phone while I went to check on him, and he was gone!!!! My best friend of 42 years, was gone.  I had thought of this happening many times over the past year, and especially since it happened to Eddie, Barb's husband, in December.  You think about it, but you never really think that it will happen....you keep your faith, and you keep believing in miracles.  We must all realize how precious life is, not ever take life for granted, know that we are never promised tomorrow, to know for sure that God is always in control and that he has the plan for all of us.  I am grateful that Pete is no longer in the pain that he has been in this past year, that he went in his sleep, like he always said that he wanted to, most especially happy for him that he is now with Jennifer and other loved ones.  My heart is broken and I still feel like I am going to wake up, and this would have been another bad dream.....I loved him with all my heart and I always will and am grateful that he is in such a wonderful, pain free place with Jesus, Jennifer and all his loved ones.....that is the reason I can still proclaim that God is good and He is good ALL the time!!!

1 comment:

Lisa_in_AR said...

Love you, Debra Susan. As always, your strength and faith in the face of adversity astounds me. I am blessed just in knowing you.