Monday, February 18, 2013

HARD DAY!

Yesterday was a hard day for me.  I was happy that I was able to go to church....we had an awesome service on commitment and also had communion.  I  love Fellowship North so much...they are like my family.  When it was time to fill out our commitment cards, there were boxes to check for either single or married.  I know in my heart, I will always be married to Pete....just as I will always be a Mother to Jennifer.  When asked how many children I have, I always say that I have one daughter that passed away.  Now, when asked if I am married or single, I will say married and write the word "widow"!  I don't like this word, and never thought that it would apply to me.  I guess in our minds, we think that it won't happen....but it does, in God's time and in His plan for each of us. 

I had such an empty feeling when coming home yesterday....knowing that Pete would not be here when I came home.  I miss him so much.  I always will.  We were married when I was 18 years old...a long time ago!  I have my memories of him and the dreams we shared.  I am ever so grateful for the promise that I will see him again!

I am sure that I will have many more hard days....just have to take it one day at a time....and know that I have my family, friends, and God to get me through them.  I am very grateful that I have my furry little daughters to keep me busy and entertained!

No comments: