Thursday, March 14, 2013

BITTERSWEET SPRING!!

I love this time of year!  What wonderful memories I have of Spring!  Jennifer was born this month, love Easter and what it means to me, love the trees and flowers starting to bloom, the grass turning green and the anticipation of the return of our hummingbirds.  Pete and I would spend hours sitting on the deck watching our little birds....planning the garden and such!  I guess that is one of the reasons these past couple of weeks have been so hard for me.  It seems that I tear up over the smallest things these days.  I am sure that alot of it is that the reality that he is really gone, is sinking in.  It still just doesn't seem real, at times.  I miss him so much.  He was sick and hurting for so long...and I know that he didn't have any quality of life here.  He is now with Jennifer and they are both happy and healthy and I am grateful for that. 

I really don't know how people that don't know God, get through the loss of their loved ones.  I know that I will see them again, and that is what gets me through each day.  I know God will provide me with the strength I need to see me through this, He has always gotten me through my trials.  Like my sweet Mother always told me, life's trials always make you stronger.  I just want to follow Christ closer and do for others.  I don't have alot of money, but I have alot of time.  This Sunday, I am helping with the Feeding the Homeless ministry at church,  This is something that I have wanted to do for a long time....I am really excited about doing it.  I am sure that it will be a wonderful day!

I will have sad days this Spring and all the seasons to come, but I will still enjoy the renewal of what Spring brings to us......and marvel at the beauty that God gives us each day.  All we have to do, is open our eyes and hearts and we will find Him,,,,He is always there to walk by our side!

Happy Spring to all!

No comments: