Saturday, March 30, 2013

HARD WEEK!!

I know that all weeks are harder for me now, but this week was really hard.  Thursday would have been Jennifer's 35th birthday!  We always enjoyed celebrating her birthday and had such good times planning it.  I always tried to make that day so special for her.,,,,she was my greatest gift in life!  She was my light and brought so much joy to me.  God couldn't have given me a better daughter to love and cherish.  Since she passed away, Pete and I would buy a tree or rose bush to plant in her memory on her birthday....I am still trying to decide what to plant this year.  The weather has been pretty rainy, so I didn't get one this week.  I will try to find another angel face rose to plant.  We lost our other one in the ice storm a couple of years ago.  I have been trying to find another one.  It is a purple rose and is so beautiful.  My sweet friend, Missy, gave me the first one.  She has one too and always sends me a picture of it, when it first bloome.  Missy is such a sweet, caring and compassionate friend. 

Today I am having everyone over to celebrate George's 50th birthday, which is tomorrow.  Since tomorrow is Easter, we are having the get together today.  I so enjoy cooking for everyone....it will be a bittersweet day.  I am happy that I will get to see everyone, but will be hard having our first family gathering without Pete.  I don't know who will be our new meat slicer....that was always Pete's job.  I guess I will hand the electric knife down to someone else LOL!

I hope that everyone will stop and remember why we celebrate Easter!  Jesus died for us, so that we can live!  On one of the Easter cards I made this year was the sentiment....We live and die, Christ died and lived!!!  AMEN!

1 comment:

Stacie Hoo said...

As usual sweet Debbie, despite having a hard week yourself you mailed me two beautiful cards that lifted my spirits and made me smile. You always live your life so that others can see His light through you. Thank you for the cards and all your love! Lifting you in prayer and sending you love always! Stacie