Tuesday, February 2, 2010

ROUND #3 DOWN

Completed Round #3 of chemo yesterday...my awesome sister and chemo buddy, Kimberly and I spent a wonderful day together. We started with IHOP for breakfast, and saw Anita there..it was so wonderful seeing her...she looks good and is always in good spirit...she has her PET scan tomorrow...praying hard for good results!

We left IHOP and went for a manicure and pedicure...which was heavenly...were running out of time, so we had to go to chemo, then back for the polish...which was good because we got to sit in the massage chair again..love that! I was happy that my new Purple Power Port worked well for the chemo...still had to get stuck for the Protine test..but didn't have to worry about getting IV! He put me on Keflex for ten days to help with the bump blisters on my head which is caused by the chemo drug, Taxotere! He was very pleased to see that my cancer markers had gone down after the first chemo....will be anxious to see what they are when the results come back this time.
I will get another Neulasta shot this afternoon...did so well with it last time that I won't have to have the weekly lab this time. That will save trips to the doctor. I felt really good about this visit and will keep my gloves on "Fighting like a Girl".....hopefully and prayerfully, this battle will end soon and I will be back at work...giving care, love and hope.

Kimberly brought boxes of Valentine Sweethearts to all the employees and the chemo patients yesterday....they were very well received....isn't she the sweetest and most thoughtful sister ever! Being in that chemo room for three hours with others going through their different stages of treatment, really makes you appreciate life more..always good to hear that people are there for their last treatment and compassionate and understanding for those there for their first treatment....I have been on both sides ten years ago....it truly is a life changing journey.....you really learn to appreciate life's little moments and so grateful for a second chance! Everything happens for a reason, we don't always know the reason at first, but I think it is revealed to us at the right time! I feel like I am a better person and more compassionate and stronger through my journey with cancer! Of course, I learned alot....I mean alot...from Jennifer as she battled her life long battle with Cystic Fibrosis.....she was so strong, caring, compassionate....never, ever complaining about all she went through. She was truly amazing and I love her so much and miss her so much! I am so grateful for the gift that I was given to be her Mother!

Bill and Judy are coming today for a visit...will be so glad to see them and be able to visit...I only get out to go to church and the doctor...so this will be a welcome change!

I haven't been sleeping well at all due to the three days of steroids I take the day before, the day of and the day after chemo. Wake up about 2 am and can't go back to sleep, so I didn't stay for Bible Study last night...sure missed being with such a great group of women....just needed to get home to my bed!

I hope this will be a good week while Bill and Judy are here!

4 comments:

Stacie Hoo said...

Amen! Our journey through life is supposed to make us stronger and better. Nothing that comes easily matters much. Keep fighting. Sending my prayers to Anita as well. Praying for good reports for you both! Love and hugs, S

Debbie Nelson said...

Thank you, sweet Stacie...love and miss you...would you be able to join is in some ya ya fun Sunday after church. We would love to see you!

Lisa_in_AR said...

Stay strong Debbie! Look forward to seeing you Sunday!
Love,
Lisa

Stacie Hoo said...

I'll plan to be there! And if it's not too late, I'll work on the book thongs for February's Jennifer Project. See you about 1:30!