Tuesday, April 27, 2010

PRAISE THE LORD....GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME!!! ROUND #7 DOWN!!!!

Yesterday was such an awesome day. I went for my CT scan and then saw Dr. Sneed and had my chemo! After my chemo, I was able to see Dr. Sneed again and get the results of my CT...no cancer in the soft tissues and bone scan last week was clear!!!! Isn't God amazing, awesome....hearing our prayers and answering them???? Kimberly and I had told ourselves that if the CT still showed some cancer cells, it would be okay...we would just keep fighting and going on! I am very thankful that this wasn't the case. I will take a few more chemo treatments, since the cancer was so agressive and it is metastatic....then will have another PET scan and determine the long term plan......we aren't sure what that will be, but will probably be more long term chemo....whatever the plan is, I will follow it. I can't ask God, the Great Physician, to guide my docotor's in my care, and then not follow his advice....after all, it is working very well! I feel like I am floating on Cloud Nine.....and given another chance at life. I feel God has plans for me to help other people...and I am listening to those plans and for His will in my life....I want my walk with Him to be closer each day and follow His ways. I want to be a better wife, sister, aunt and friend to all the wonderful people in my life! I want to help others more, do more for others. I want to be kinder to strangers...like the angel that was kind to me after my bone scan! I want to smell the flowers, watch the birds....all the little things in life that God has given us to enjoy! I want to not worry about the things in life that don't matter or can't be changed! God has taken the cancer away again....and for a reason! Having cancer does indeed change your outlook on life and it truly does make you a stronger person! This second time around has been harder...perhaps, because I am ten years older and my body has reminders of the cancer past, but I am still so very grateful for this experience....I truly wouldn't have traded it....it has made me a stronger person....and this time, I got a new hip prior to the experience...everything happens for a reason! I have been reminded again how very, very blessed I am to have such an awesome and loving husband and sister and the multitude of caring and compassionate friends that have showered me with prayer, love and encouragement...."I get by with a little help from my friends"! All of you mean so much to me and I love you so very much! Thank you from the bottom of my heart! The fight is not completely over yet....but I can see the last round down the road!

No comments: