Tuesday, April 6, 2010

ROUND #6 DOWN!

Finished Round #6 of chemo yesterday! Looks like this will be a busy week in my fight! I will have my Neulasta injection this afternoon....will have my bone scan on Thursday! I was started on Levaquin yesterday for an infection in my arm from a scratch..also on Neurotin for the neuropathy in my hands and feet. When I wake up, my feet feel like I have just worked a twelve hour shift. If this doesn't improve within the next week, I will have to change my chemo med...really don't want that to happen since my cancer markers are going down. I will have a CT scan on the 21st and then next chemo on the 26th! I will anxiously await the results of the scans to see where we are! Dr. Sneed thinks things are going well and is pleased my markers are going down with each treatment! Praise God! He is so good! Another night of insomnia due to the steroids, but had my last dose last night, so hopefully I will be able to sleep tonight...after watching American Idol, of course!

Ended my day with some bad news. Mark Reves, husband of my boss and good friend Edwina, apparently had a heart attack while at the gym last night. Had a stint put in, but it clotted...so had to have a second stint put in. From the last report, he is now stable. Prayers and love go out to this special family that I love! Praying that God will be with all of them and that Mark is now on his way to recovery!

No comments: