Monday, September 27, 2010

BRRRRR....FINALLY FALL IS HERE!!!

I have anxiously been waiting for the first sign of Fall...cool crisp air, being able to open the windows in the house, waiting for the gorgeous colors of the trees, feeling and hearing the crush of leaves under your feet, seeing pansies, mums and pumpkins....just that excitement that makes you happy and feel good...especially after the hot summer we have had. It was 55 degrees here this morning...love it.

I had chemo on Friday and it hit me hard yesterday...had chills to the bone. I had three layers of clothing on and was under quilts and blankets before I could even begin to get warm....such a miserable feeling. I was fortunate this time that I didn't get fever like I did last time....started taking Ibuprofen right away like the nurse told me to. Last time, it didn't hit me until Monday...not complaining...just my assurance that the chemo is working...killing or should I say freezing LOL those cancer cells. As long as the chemo is working, I can handle it and will try not to complain too much.

I am sad that I missed church yesterday and will probably have to miss Bible Study tonight, unless I get to feeling a whole lot better...sure don't want to feel like I did last time when the chills hit me. My next chemo will be on Thursday because Dr. Sneed will be out of town and the Hot Springs office doesn't do chemo on Friday. If it works out that the chills are over with on Monday, then I will try to change my chemo day to Thursday, so I won't have to miss Bible Study.

My friend, Joan, has finaly arrived in Arkansas...have been looking forward to her visit since I last saw her in the Spring. We had made plans to go to church Sunday morning, then have lunch with Patti. I was very achy when I got up yesterday morning, but the chills had not yet set in. Joan had gone to visit her sister in Mena and when it got late, she had to spend the night in Mena, instead of driving back to Hot Springs after being exhausted from her trip to Arkansas. When she woke up yesterday morning, she was very ill....I felt so bad for her and so helpless, not being able to do anything to help her. I know it must be so miserable to be so far away from home and sick. I hope to talk to her this morning and pray that she is feeling much better.

Sweet Kimberly is moving into a new apartment...a downstairs apartment. It is in the same wonderful complex, just another building. It is a little bit bigger, having a coat closet, linen closet and a larger patio. I think she is really going to like it. I feel the main reason that she is moving is for me...so that I don't have to climb all those stairs. I hate that this was chemo week and I was unable to help her pack. She is blessed with many wonderful friends that came and helped her so much. I am sure that next week when I am feeling better, she will be able to find a couple of boxes for me to unpack. I am looking forward to helping her with that. I am very excited for her and looking forward to the new craft room...she is so sweet and generous with her time, talent, cooking for us, sharing all her wonderful supplies and inspiration! She is the best sister and hostess ever..the Queen Ya Ya for sure....love her with all my heart.

Hoping these chills go away soon so that I can enjoy this wonderful Fall weather that I have been waiting for..as soon as it does, you will find me outside on the swing with a good book...until then I will keep my pink gloves on and keep "Fighting Like a Girl"!!!1

No comments: