Thursday, July 8, 2010

ANOTHER INFECTION....UGH!

Well it seems like the little cut I got from shaving my now re-growing hair on my legs wanted to stay around and remind me that maybe I should use another method of hair removal while taking chemo. After going to have lab done in North Little Rock yesterday and a wonderful lunch with friends,my leg started feeling like it was on fire and hurting. I had stopped by to see Kimberly on my way home and she said that my arm was really hot..told her that I had been outside talking to Mica. Well, as usual, sissy was right...when I got home, the blister from the cut had burst (which relieved the pain some) but I later had a temp of 102! Luckily, I had Levaquin here for my next arm infection and started on it...no fever now and it is getting better. Hoping it is better each day and I will be able to wear my yellow box flip flops to chemo on Monday! The yb flip flops is how I measure my swelling..couldn't wear them at all before, but with my new chemo cocktail conquering the swelling, I have been able to wear them. It is so easy to get an infection while taking chemo and I do try to be very careful! I always say that if I could just have a right-sided body transplant, I would be in pretty good shape LOL! This ole body looks like it has been through the war....which I guess it has...cancer..but I "Keep Fighting Like a Girl"! And...I get by with a little help from God,my friends, sister and hubby! I am blessed!

2 comments:

Denise Felton said...

Girlfriend, don't be in such a hurry to be sexy! Hairy legs are a turn-on in some cultures.

*surrounding you, as always, with loving, healing prayers*

Debbie Nelson said...

Thank you, Denise! Prayer is so very powerful..thank you for all the prayers and encouragement..I get by with a little help from my friends!