Monday, July 12, 2010

CHEMO #11 DOWN!

Wasn't sure that I would be able to take chemo today, because of this infection in my leg. Dr. Sneed said that it may take awhile to get rid of the infection, so we can't wait for the chemo! I will be on Levaquin for another seven days. I still have the little geyser...foot is still purple..but redness and swelling is improving. They did blood cultures, but we won't have results for 24 and 48 hours. i will continue taking the steroids every three days for two more weeks, then will stop them. He said that they are good for the swelling and not good for the immune system. I just pray that when I stop them, the swelling doesn't come back..because it sure is nice to be able to walk better, even though I am still some dependent on the walker..especially when I am out. I don't want to take a chance of falling again! He thinks that the swelling was caused from taking the Taxotere and not this new chemo cocktail! I take chemo every two weeks now, instead of every three weeks..but I would take it every week, if that's what it takes to work. We did cancer marker test today....he reminded me that it was just a number, and that it is not that accurate, but I am curious to see if they have remained down since switching drugs..will know the results by Friday! I know that all of this is in God's hands...I have faith and trust in Him and His will for me.....I will just keep my pink gloves out and "Keep Fighting Like a Girl"!!!

No comments: