Sunday, March 28, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JENNIFER SUZANNE!!!!

Thirty-two years ago today, God gave me the most precious gift of my life....my beautiful daughter, Jennifer Suzanne! She was everything I could dream of and more! It took us eight years to get that little 7 pound bundle of joy...but she sure made the wait worth it! That head full of black hair and those incredible eyes...my life was changed for the better that very moment! I had no idea at that time , how much I would learn from her. At the age of five months, she beat the odds by being one of only five children to be known to have Cystic Fibrosis and a heart defect, and in 1978, the only known one to survive! She demonstrated strength, courage and her will the day of her heart surgery as well as the rest of her life! She fought each of her many health battles with courage and never complained about any of it! She taught me so much....I think that is why I am able to handle my health battles, as well!

Four years ago today, we celebrated her 28th birthday on the 28th! She thought that was so special....she looked so beautiful and was so happy! I would have never dreamed that only twenty-one days later, she would be gone forever! God had better plans for her....I miss her each minute of everyday, but I know that she is happy and healthy! I have such precious memories of her past birthdays....I can remember all her childhood birthday celebrations...Cabbage Patch, Strawberry Shortcake, Barbie, Smurf, E.T. , skating parties and slumber parties!

We will celebrate her birthday today...with Kimberly, Bill and Judy, Cory and his family, Karen, Aaron, Princess Breanna and other family members that want to come....by going to church, taking flowers to the cemetery and having lunch. We will plant a tree and roses in her memory and reflect on her wonderful life. I sent out cards with sunflower seeds, one of Jennifer's favorite flowers, to be planted in her memory. I think this summer, we will be seeing alot of beautiful sunflowers blooming all over the country!!! Jennifer's life was cut short....but she lived a life that many people twice her age have not....she touched the lives of so many people and didn't even realize she was doing it. She was so sweet, caring and compassionate! She tried hard not to judge people and to do for others! She loved God, her family, friends, flowers, music, books and any and every animal God created! I am so grateful for having so many wonderful memories of her to cherish and cherish them I will, forever! This little seven pound baby given to me thirty-two years ago blessed me then and continues to bless me everyday! Happy Birthday, Jennifer....I will love you forever!!!!

No comments: