Saturday, March 13, 2010

READY FOR ROUND #5

I can hardly believe that it is time for chemo again....three weeks sure goes by fast. This last round seemed like it was harder on me than the previous ones....alot more tired and just sluggish! Had a scare with the insurance company...but thankfully that is resolved now! After finding out the Neulasta shots that I get the day after chemo cost almost $8000.00....I can see why they would want to get rid of me! Just happy that is resolved!

March is a hard month for me...maybe that is why I think the chemo was harder this time. It is hard to believe that my baby would have been 32 years old on the 28th! I miss her sooo much...this was the time of year that I loved most....the beginning of Spring and planning something special for her birthday. On her last birthday we celebrated....she had turned 28 years old on the 28th! She thought that was pretty special! I remember how beautiful she looked that night as we celebrated at Red Lobster! Never would have thought that just a short 24 days later, she would be gone! We all need to cherish each day that we have our loved ones...because you never know when you might not have another chance! Life is short! I treasure the memories I have of Jennifer....and I know in my heart that she is happy and healthy now....but that doesn't keep me from missing her! I am just so grateful that I know that I will see her again!

Give your children, grandchildren, sisters, brothers, parents, grandparents and friends a big hug today or pick up the phone and tell them that you love them!

I am looking forward to going to church tomorrow, ya ya day at Kimberly's...then Pajama Mama's at IHOP tomorrow evening. You can't help but laugh and have a good time around the Pajama Mama's...I cherish their friendship and love spending time with them...They are so uplifting and funny....they are supposed to all wear wigs with their pajamas this time...in honor of my bald head! LOL! I am sure the other customers at IHOP won't forget us! It seems that we always get the same back table....wonder why that is???? Chemo day with my great chemo buddy...Kimberly...will be a great day too! She always treats me to a manicure and pedicure and a wonderful lunch! It is always good spending chemo time with others going through different stages of their treatment, as well....alot of encouragement and inspiration and being grateful in that room! Those three hours spent can sure make you feel grateful for the smallest things in life!

Happy Spring to everyone....tell your loved ones that you love them!

1 comment:

Denise Felton said...

Oh, mercy! I hope you took photos of the PMs in their wigs!!!