Wednesday, March 3, 2010

SPRING IS IN THE AIR!

I have had a pretty rough few days...unable to sleep and just feeling yucky! I can feel that about to change as I look out the window and see the beautiful sunshine and the cardinals in the yard! This kind of day makes anyone feel better! Spring is in the air...supposed to be 65 degrees by the weekend! YAY! Spring is a time for renewal and I am hoping that all these cancer cells are being renewed by the chemo....praying that the cancer markers continue to go down and that I will have this chapter behind me and be back to work! I truly miss that part of my life so very much...never would have thought that back problems and a hip replacement would have led to this journey....but everything happens for a reason....if I had not had those problems, then the cancer would have not been detected at this early stage....so I am grateful for that. I do know that God is in control and that He is the "Great Physician"! He has the plan for us all....we just have to keep the Faith and put our Trust in Him!! I am welcoming Spring with open arms and can hardly wait to see the flowers start to bloom!

Jennifer's birthday is the 28th of this month...I am sure that is another reason that I love Spring so much....always had such a good time planning for her birthday party. Each year since she passed away, I have done something to try to keep her memory alive by celebrating her birthday. I think I have come up with a good project this year and am excited to get it started. One year, the project included sending everyone a purple balloon to release in her memory...of course, I had forgotten that they needed to be filled with helium to take flight LOL! Oh well, the point of remembering her was made. We did send off helium balloons in her memory too!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Spring and Easter Season! Let us not forget why we celebrate Easter and what a gift we received! Take a few minutes each day to reflect on this meaning!

3 comments:

ScrapbookDBA said...

I love you.

Stacie Hoo said...

And so do I! Can't wait to hear your idea to celebrate Jennifer's birthday this year. I'm sure it will be very special.

Spring truly is a time of renewal. I can't wait to see you feeling stronger and to kick cancer in the butt before summer arrives.

You are an inspiration and I'm grateful every day to be blessed with you in my life. I'm so glad He lets us pick some of our family through our friends. They are a blessing!

Debbie Nelson said...

Thank you, Stacie.... I am blessed to have you in my life!